*All images are for illustration purpose only. Actual product may vary WARNING : Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. FOR CLOSED COURSE COMPETITION USE ONLY. NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE. THE USE, OR INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT MAY ALSO BE ILLEGAL NATIONWIDE UNDER THE FEDERAL CLEAN AIR ACT (42 U.S.C. § 7522(A)(3))
2018-2021 Mustang GT Vortech Complete Supercharger Kit (18-21 GT)
- 2018 - Complete systems are available for manual and automatic transmission vehicles.
- 692HP Complete Systems, 50-State Smog Legal under CARB E.O. # D-213-38
- Complete, fully calibrated supercharging systems are available for the 2018 5.0L Mustang GT, featuring the V-3 JT centrifugal supercharger with air-to-air charge cooler.
- The complete system will boost your stock 2018 GT to 692 HP and 584 lb/ft torque with 7.5-8.5 PSI from the V-3 supercharger at the factory redline.
- The 2018 Mustang GT system uses Vortech's V-3 JT supercharger. Continued development in Vortech's Lab resulted in the V-3 JT. With its new patented oil control system and state of the art centrifugal compressor stage this V-3 literally blows away the competition. Industry leading 76% adiabatic efficiency [SAE J1723 standard] means less heat is being generated, drive power is reduced and more net power is produced. Less heat also means better durability. Also, Vortech's supercharger systems weigh less than half of the low-tech competing brands.
- Centrifugal superchargers easily make more pressure and flow than a roots type blower and are much more efficient. Read our Roots vs Centrifugal comparison to see the numbers.
- Vortech supercharger systems are a great value. Dollar for dollar, Vortech systems deliver more horsepower than virtually any other method of upgrade. Also, driven normally, gas mileage often increases rather than decreases.
Additional Kit OptionsFor higher-horsepower, custom-tuned installations we recommend a tuner kit, which does not include a fuel pump, fuel injectors or ECU programmer. This requires you or your installer to provide custom calibration and the required fuel components. The V-3 JT supercharger included with the tuner kit is capable of up to 950HP on modified vehicles. Tuner kits are also available with the 1,200+HP V-7 YSi supercharger for high-performance racing vehicles. Call Vortech or your dealer for more information.
Available Supercharger Finishes
Multiple kit finishes available. For that fully integrated look, 5.0 Mustang systems are available in factory matching black finish. Satin and Polished units are also available.
Complete System Included Components and Features
- V-3 JT compressor with 3.60" drive pulley
- Manifold boost pressure: 7.5-8.5 psig @ redline on stock engine
- Supplied handheld programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel.
- Fuel system upgrade includes fuel rail spacers, high flow replacement fuel injectors, and Vortech Maxflow Plug-and-Play Fuel Pump Voltage Booster.
Air inlet assembly includes:
- High-flow roto-molded ducting. Mates to OEM airbox and some aftermarket "CAI" MAF/inlet assemblies
- OEM replacement K&N panel filter
- Silicone sleeves and reducers
- Stainless steel clamps
- PCV and breather hose provisions
- Replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assemblies
- Engine coolant reservoir replacement assembly
- Dual plate supercharger mounting system includes idlers, drive belt and all hardware. Mount features multiple position idler location for a wide range of belt and pulley fits.
Discharge components include:
- High flow air/air charge cooler. 24" x 13" x 3.5" cooler core.
- Mandrel bent 3" and 3.5" aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
- Stainless steel clamps
- Silicone sleeves
- 98mm MAF housing configured for "blow-through" use. Integrated air-straightener upstream of the MAF housing.
- Vortech Maxflow Race Valve
Installation time is rated at 8-10 hours.